Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Reflection

Looking at past experiences and taking note of changes that could be made to improve any future experiences, reflection, can be a difficult thing to do.  There is nothing like loss that will cause people to reflect on previous actions.  Loss of a job can make one think of all the things they did right; came in early, stayed late, helped others, and was a team player.  It can also make one think about the things that needed improvement; more people friendly, better customer service, mean, didn’t always put the best foot forward, replaceable.  

The loss of a loved one does the same thing.  After losing a loved one we tend to reflect on the relationship; was I the best friend I could be, was I available when I was needed, did I spend time with them, did I tell her I loved her enough?  We want to have no regrets when we lose a loved one, because death is so final.  There is no correcting actions when one party is no longer living.  The time to correct any wrongs is while all parties are alive and hopefully well. 

Death is the last hoorah for us.  So, let us live in a manner that truly garners no regrets.  Let us love hard.  Let us laugh often.  Let us hug with true comfort.  Let us tell others what they mean to us often.  Let us visit frequently.  We will not ever know when those we love and hold dear will depart this life.  But when they die or when we die, let our minds be free of regrets, our heart filled with love and not resentment, our eyes crinkled from much laughter, and our souls free hindrances.  This way, we soar with the wings of angels, going to meet our King.

Many of us have been touched by death at some point in our lives.  I have, and I have found myself thinking back on the relationship, wishing I had done things differently, hoping for a do-over.
My current relationships are important to me, and I plan to live a life that builds these relationships and not allow minor things to stop relationships.  

For family and friends alike, I want to say all the things I want you to hear, I want to hug you often, I want to eat meals together, hang out, and just enjoy your company.  So that when one of us is called home, I will have more memories to recall and smile about.  

Let us reflect while we still live, so all opportunities for regret will be extinguished.



No comments:

Post a Comment