Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Here

Though I have never been here
I will stay until you tell me to leave
Though I have never felt this
I will feel until you give me relief

Though I have never heard these words before
I will listen until you are done
Though I have never been here
I will remain until you tell me to go

Though I have never given my all
I will give all unto you
Though I have never trusted so completely
I will trust until my dying breath

Because I have some things I need to overcome
And I have places that I must go
I have dreams that need to manifest
And I have accomplishments to complete
I have a destiny to reach

So, I will stay here, right here until you tell me to go
I will listen until you stop talking
I will feel until you provide a reprieve
I will give until I have nothing left
And I will trust until I see

I will stay right here

Paula Bibbs-Samuels


No comments:

Post a Comment