Saturday, August 27, 2016

Prayer

The thing about prayer is that everyone sees it differently.  Some see prayer as communication with God, while others consider prayer a means to an end.  I can't tell anyone how to pray, nor can I tell you what prayer is to you.  However, I can say that prayer is my lifeline.  If I am unable to pray, I find it hard to maneuver through life with all its twists and turns.  My prayers are not a laundry list of demands, desires, and requests.  My prayer is usually a time to thank God for what He has done for me, and of course I pray for my family and those I know - even those I don't know.  I pray for the state of the nation, and yes I often wonder if my prayers are heard.  Either way, I pray. 

My one hope is prayer - - - What is yours?  What is the thing that allows you to live in a dying world?  Whatever it is, keep doing it.  We need you to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment