Death, we must all deal with it at some point in our
lives. Losing someone we care about is
difficult for most people. It’s not an
easy journey to healing once you have lost a loved one.
I have been impacted by death also, on several occasions. I understand that death is inevitable, but
this knowledge never comforts me when a loved one is lost. Regardless of how close or distant I am to a
person, I find that if they die, I still mourn.
The loss of my mother was the hardest death I have had to
endure. Now, every notification of
death, takes me back to the moment my mother breathed her last breath. She was a fighter, and fought her sickness
until the bitter end. Eventually she
succumbed to death, but in the process she gained a heavenly home.
On Monday, I lost a cousin.
She, too, fought her illness until there was no more to fight. As I think about her, her husband, and her
children, I am reminded of how hard it was to lose my own mother. I think about the good times this cousin and
I had. We didn’t agree on everything,
but who does? She was vibrant, full of
life, happy, and an overall good person.
She loved family, and this was evident in her care of her immediate
family, as well as the hard work she endured to keep the extended family
together during family reunions. As she
battled cancer, she kept her spirits high and her words were always positive. I thank God for her faith, because of her
faith, she has opened her eyes in heaven.
This is the consolation our family can hold on to during this time of
grief.
Dena,
Your smile was radiant
Your spirit uplifting
Your love was contagious
Your care evident
Your fight was hard
Your battle long
Your victory sweet
Your reward, your heavenly home
Your time on this earth seemed too short
But God knows what He is doing
We will remember all the goodness in you
As we hold on to the promise
To see you again
Beyond the clouds
With Love,
Paula Bibbs-Samuels
To the family of Beverly "Dena" Williams, know that you are covered in prayer, love, and comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment