Friday, January 8, 2016

Different Battles = Different Approaches

Different Battles = Different Approaches


This week has been a different type of week for me.  I am struggling emotionally and I am not sure why.  I know that things have been constantly changing within my personal world, but nothing to definitely put my finger on to say, “this is why this is happening” or “this is why I feel the way I do”.  However, I have been feeling some type of way this week.  There seems to be no comfort to the downside of emotions I have, but there is no root for them either.

So, I have decided I am in a battle that I have not been in before.  We often fight battles on a daily basis.  We fight for our jobs by working diligently and with a minimal amount of errors.  We battle being good parents by attempting to make the right decisions for our children, discipline them correctly, and teach them the ways of the world, responsibility, and ownership.  We battle in relationships to make them work and to increase in our love for one another.  We battle spiritually to find balance and peace in our lives.

So, my battle is spiritual.  I get this.  However, I don’t believe I am going to be able to use my past experiences to get me through this fight.  Yes, I know to pray and read scripture to get direction on how to fight this battle, but I will not be able to depend on previous methods of operation in this fight.  This fight feels different.  I can’t put my finger on it, but there is a distinct difference in the battle, this call to action, this warfare than I have experienced previously. 

So, for this battle that is different, my approach will be different.  I understand that spiritually, the enemy wishes for my demise.  My weapons of warfare remain the same, but my battle strategy will be modified.  The end result remains the same, I will emerge victorious. 

Knowing how to fight is the beginning of this battle.  Knowing I must fight is the reason I am here.  Knowing my Savior has already won the victory is the reason I can go in unafraid, unworried, and undaunted.


#ThisMeansWar!

No comments:

Post a Comment