Thursday, October 1, 2015

Don’t Give Up

It seems that there is a lot of hardships going on.  Life is beating people up and some have decided to throw in the towel.  However, I would say to those who are contemplating ending the fight, giving up, or just lying down, “don’t give up”.  I know things can get bad at times and your experiences may have come back to back. 

But your present situation does not determine your final destiny. 

Where you are now is not where you will remain if you choose not to give up.  Keep putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward.  Continue to speak life, success, and accomplishment over yourself.  Look in the mirror and see the greatness inside of you. 

Make daily confessions that dispute your current situation:

I am successful.  I will find a job.  I will finish school.  I am smart.  I can do this.  I am worthy.  I am beautiful.  I will not give up.  Things will look better.

Don’t let negative thoughts take you to a place of darkness and depression.  You will have to combat every negative thought with a positive one.  If you are a Christian, remember what the Bible says about you, and confess this when you are confronted with negativity. 

Remember success and accomplishment come in different sizes, colors, races, and genders.
Your success may not look like the next person, but it does not diminish your accomplishment.
I was a single parent for a very long time.  So, sometimes I had to count my successes daily.  Some of these included being able to provide a meal for my children and myself.  Sometimes it was simply having enough gas to get us to school and work.  Other times it was being able to see my children look at me with a smile and eyes filled with unconditional love.  My children were my driving force.  They were the reason I worked hard, completed school, and woke up every day.  They were my accomplishment and my success.  The fact that they were here on earth was enough to push me into tomorrow. 

Find the thing that pushes you into your tomorrow and makes you want to do more and do better.  Whatever you do, do not give up.  Your destiny is still being written and your purpose is still valid.  Keep pushing, keep moving forward, and you will see your successes and your accomplishments come to fruition.




No comments:

Post a Comment