Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Covering




As I sit and think about the goodness of God and how often He has chosen to spare my life, lead me in a different way, or to simply instruct me on an issue, I am amazed at how He has protected me. Then, I thought about the covering. In Psalm 91:4, the scripture indicates, “He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.” The Strong’s Dictionary online defines the word ‘cover’ as “to entwine as a screen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect – cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up.”

So, in essence, God is defending me, hedging me in safety, joining together with me, shutting me up in protection, fencing me in, covering me, and putting a screen about me so that no danger, no harm, no ill will, no sickness, no disease, no hurt, no curse, nothing negative can get to me. And I will trust the power in His wings. I will trust in His protection, in His covering, and in his safety, for I am covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment